Pilates at Absolute Balance
Pilates MATWORK Need to Know:
Pilates classes at Absolute Balance are mat based and appropriate for beginner and intermediate levels. Pilates was designed to restore the natural curves of the spine, improve core strength, and rebalance muscles around the joints. This method of pilates incorporates modern principles of exercise science and spinal rehabilitation. Emphasis is placed on five basic principles: breathing, pelvic placement, rib cage placement, scapular movement, and head and cervical placement. Pilates is appropriate for many different body types, making it applicable to sport-specific training, injury recovery, and everyday life.
- Long, lean muscle
- Posture improvement
- Increased core strength and stability
- Helps prevent injury
- Enhances ease of movement
- No-impact exercise and is easier on the joints
- Can be customized to suit all body types from the athlete to injury
- Improves balance and coordination
- Improves performance in sports
Students are encouraged to attend "Intro to Pilates" first in order to learn basic alignment technique.
All instructors are pilates trained. All levels are welcome!