Kettlebells at Absolute Balance
Kettlebell Need to Know
Kettlebell training is one of the fastest ways to lose weight and develop a toned physique. A kettlebell looks like a cannonball with a handle; the simple and functional design allows for variability of movement while developing tremendous strength and endurance. In order to burn fat you must increase your level of perceived exertion. Because a kettlebell class utilizes all your muscles at once, including the cardiovascular system, you will be able to burn fat, build core strength, and increase your energy levels in a very short amount of time.
Classes start with a full body warm up to increase mobility, especially for the joints. From there class progresses into repetitions of foundational kettlebell lifts to increase the heart rate and energy levels for the rest of class. Emphasis is placed on alignment technique to maximize your body’s potential for strength and to keep you in the optimal fat burning zone.
All participants are encouraged to start with our "Intro to Kettlebell Class." Here you will learn the foundational lifts, how to hold alignment, and which kettlebell weight to start from.
Before your workout:
- Avoid eating a big meal. You stomach should be fairly empty.
- Bring water, a sweat towel, and your determination.
- Kettlebell training is done barefoot.
- Various Kettlebell weights are provided, however you are free to bring your own.
After your workout:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Rest if you feel tired.
- Eat at least 15 grams of protein within 30 minutes of training.
- You should not do back to back kettlebell work outs. We suggest alternating your workout with our Yoga and Pilates classes
Classes are taught by certified instructors. All levels are welcome!